Monday, June 23, 2008

What's up

This weekend was a blur. Friday I suffered through a long, slow death garage sale. I think we had about six people come by all day. But, you see, God had different plans for all of our stuff. Under normal circumstances, we would just donate all of our unused items to Goodwill. This time, however, we had a ton of furniture that we brought up from my mother-in-law's apartment when she passed away. There was too much to take to Goodwill in one truckload, so we figured we'd try the garage sale route. That was obviously not happenin'. But just before it was time to shut it down, my best friend called. She had a friend of a friend whose house had just burned to the ground and wanted to know if I had anything that I could donate. Hallelujah! As usual, God was working to orchestrate everything to turn out perfectly for everyone involved.

Saturday was spent repairing the damage inside the house that occured while I was outside all day Friday. It pretty much looked like a tornado hit it. We had a bunch of other little projects that needed to be done around the house as well, so Saturday was a busy work day.

Ah, then the Lord's Day. What a relief to just relax and focus on worship. We just ordered some new books from Reformation Heritage that were delivered on Saturday, so Sunday afternoon was spent reading and napping before returning to church for evening worship. It doesn't get much better than that!

Now the weekend is over and it's time to get "back to business". I'm still waiting to hear from "the publisher" about an offer to do their lapbooks, but in the meantime I've started writing the next "habits training" lapbook. This one is going to be on obedience. Hopefully it will go together quickly so I can get it done before I've got to continue with the history books. Whew, the fun never ends!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    My name is Joyce and I'm new to blogging. I'm trying to build up my site and have been looking at other homeschooler sites. I had to respond because I saw you are writing some lapbooks, I think that is great. I also noticed you mentioned you are waiting on a publisher. Do you really need one? I mean you could do this yourself if you have the finances. Have you heard "In the Hands of a Child" she writes lapbooks and publishes her own. She utilizes the plastic covers with a spiral binding. I have heard that places like Kinkos does this at a fair price. Anyway thought I would through it past you, let me know how it goes.

    Peace, <><
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly me should have looked at your whole blog first.

    Peace, <><

    ReplyDelete