Saturday, April 5, 2008
Next year's curriculum plans are really coming together. I feel very organized and I'm so excited about what we're going to be doing. This weekend I've been working on putting together poetry notebooks (Thanks Jessica at Trivium Academy!) and field journals for each of the boys. I even made a field journal for myself! We have 3-ring binders that we use for our nature notebooks but they are difficult to take on a nature walk. We needed something a bit smaller. So I figured I'd make some. I took good quality drawing paper (you could use watercolor paper if you prefer) and cut it to 8.5" by 5.5". Then I created a file with about 60 half-sheets of lined paper and then added a different nature picture to each page with clipart from Clipart ETC. I printed them and cut them to the proper size and then alternated drawing paper with the lined sheets. The back cover will be heavyweight display board (from Office Max) and the front will be cardstock covered with clear contact paper. I will then punch and bind everything with my new Proclick binding system. (I love that thing!) If you are interested in doing something similar, the link to the field journal pages is on the top right side bar. I'll try to post some pictures in the next few days. Happy nature journaling!