Thursday, May 29, 2008

Our New Pet

Wow, has it been a month since I last posted? Things have been a bit busy around here. I'll share why in a later post. Right now I'd like to introduce you to our newest member of the family...Charlie the baby Painted Turtle. At least, I think he's a painted turtle (and I really have no idea if "he" is actually a "he"). Andrew saw him walking across the road just before we pulled into our driveway, so of course we had to go check him out. He almost got run over twice before we could get to him.

The boys were completely enamoured with him from the moment we picked him up. I'll admit, he is awfully cute. We've just got him in a plastic bucket right now but we're going to get him a real tank with a heater and a filter. I'm tired of cleaning out his habitat every day!

If anyone knows for sure what kind of turtle he is, or how to tell if it is male or female, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment