Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Moments of Bliss

Last night was one of those idyllic evenings that I long for but that don't materialize very often. We all gathered in the living room with Shawn Macdonald playing in the background. (If you don't know him, check him out! I highly recommend his album Simply Nothing!) Andrew was playing Tetris, Noah and Alek were taking turns playing chess on the computer, Alek was reading Left Behind Kids in between turns, and Nathan and I played together on the floor. Best of all, no TV! It was so cozy and peaceful; exactly what I needed after a busy weekend. I pray that my whole family was blessed by it and that we spend more evenings like that; snuggled up together and just enjoying each other. Thank You, Lord, for those moments of bliss that sustain us through trials and the "dailyness" of life. They are truly a precious gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment