Monday, June 18, 2007

Ahoy, Mateys

Noah's 5th birthday party was a success! The kids all received pirate names when they came in the door, along with a headscarf, eyepatch and earring. Noah's pirate name was Barnacle Breath Gus. I was Sharkbait Jade Sparrow. I was so busy running around that I don't think I ever saw Andrew's or Alek's. We had a great day playing, going on a treasure hunt, opening presents and eating cake.








Speaking of cake, I actually made one that looked good! For those of you that don't know, cake and I just don't get along. Every time I try to make a decorated cake it ends up looking completely awful, and every time I swear I will never make one again. But this time I was pretty happy with it. What do you think?

All in all, it was a wonderful day. I wish our family could have been there for the fun, but we enjoyed talking to everyone as they called to wish Noah a happy birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment